Tea tree oil is one of the most versatile essential oils when treating common, and even not-so-common, ailments that occur in daily life. It is so effective that it can be used in place of many pharmaceuticals. In addition, tea tree oil uses include cleaning and pest control, but without the toxic ingredients.
As with many essential oils, it is easy to learn how to use tea tree oil. Furthermore, it will last for a very long time, so you don’t have to worry about expiration dates. Below is a list of the most common tea tree oil uses.
25 Most-common Tea Tree Oil Uses
For health and personal care:
1. Helps heal and soothe sunburns. Add a few drops in with an aloe vera skin cream.
2. Heals skin infections naturally, thanks to its antibacterial properties.
3. Relieves itchiness from rashes and helps reduce rashes. Just apply a drop or two to affected areas, and massage in.
4. Treats acne. Add a few drops to a cotton ball and apply to affected area.
5. Has been found as an effective treatment for warts.
6. Cures toenail fungus and Athlete’s foot.
7. Helps remove skin tags. Rub tea tree oil on tag, twice per day.
8. Soothes insect bites. Just apply to affected area to relieve stinging or itching.
9. Treats ringworm. Apply to affected area twice daily.
10. Treats psoriasis and other skin conditions. Apply to cotton ball and rub into affected area.
11. Relieves asthma or other breathing conditions. Use a humidifier with a few drops of tea tree oil in the water.
12. Relieves earaches. Apply 1 drop of tea tree oil onto a warm rice pack or cotton ball, and place outside of ear opening for 15-20 minutes.
13. Works as an antiseptic on small cuts.
14. Can be used as a replacement for deodorant, just rub one drop under the armpit. Or use in a homemade natural deodorant.
15. Naturally cures bad breath. Swish some tea tree oil and water in your mouth.
16. Can be used in a homemade toothpaste.
As pest control:
17. Helps to prevent lice naturally. Just add a few drops to your shampoo.
18. A few drops in pets’ crates and beds keeps the fleas away.
19. Removes ticks. Just add to skin, and the little pests will usually unlatch.
For the home:
20. Can be used as an all-purpose cleaner. Simply, fill a spray bottle with 1-2 tsp of tea tree oil and fill the rest of bottle with half and half water and distilled vinegar.
21. Keeps your bathroom fresh. Fill spray bottle with water and 3 tsp of tea tree oil, and spray down shower/bathtub after each use.
22. Freshens laundry. Add a few drops to your washing machine to scent your clothes. You can also scent wool dryer balls with a few drops of tea tree oil.
23. Helps freshen carpet. Spray mixture of water and 5 tsp of tea tree oil directly on tired carpet.
24. Can be used in homemade cleaners.
25. Cleans mold. Mix apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil, then scrub mold.
This article (25 Tea Tree Oil Uses for Health and Home) is copyrighted by Awareness Junkie, 2017. You may not copy, reproduce, publish or distribute any content therein without written permission. You may contact us here.
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Moreover, views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of Awareness Junkie or its staff.