Most of us need to regularly detox the body. Why? Because our environment, food and water are full of chemicals, heavy metals, pesticide residues, BPAs, and other offensive pollutants. Luckily, a foot detox soak is a great way to cleanse the body. You can do it at home, and it won’t break the bank.
How Does a Foot Detox Soak Work?
The feet are a great place to start if you want to flush toxins out of the body. The pores located on the bottoms of the feet are thicker than pores on other parts of the body. In addition, the feet do not have sebaceous glands. These glands help waterproof the skin with a substance called sebum. Because the feet are free of sebum, the body can more easily absorb all the good stuff that you put in your foot soak to help you detox.
This is what makes the ionic foot detox baths work so well. Also, this is why people put essential oils on the bottoms of feet for quicker absorption.
Foot Soak Recipe
Here is a simple recipe for a foot soak that will help you detox the body through your feet:
- 1/2 cup Epsom Salts (I always use plain, but there are many nice scents.)
- 2 Tbsp of Bentonite Clay (My favorite is Molivera Organics.)
- 1 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar (I always use Braggs.)
- Hot water (Allow the water to cool before placing feet in the soak.)
You will also need a soaking tub big enough to place both feet in the soak at the same time. Finally, you will need a small bowl to mix the clay and vinegar.
- In the tub, mix 1/2 a cup of epsom salt with the hot water, until salt is mostly dissolved. Set aside so the water can cool.
- While the water is cooling, mix the clay and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl to make a paste. Add a little water if needed to reach the desired consistency.
- Coat the feet with clay mixture and dry for about 10 minutes. Make sure to get the bottoms of the feet and in between the toes.
- Make sure the water has cooled to a comfortable temperature. Then, place the feet in the tub and soak for at least 15 minutes.
When Should I Detox the Body?
If you are endlessly tired, irritable, have trouble losing weight, or feel depressed, you might be suffering from the environmental onslaught of toxins. Consider all the pollutants present in the air, water, soil and food. Even personal care products and household cleaners are full of chemicals that can be toxic at higher doses. Eventually, our bodies become overloaded.
So unless you’re eating all organic foods, staying away from plastics, filter your water and live away from environmental pollutants (like Mars!), you probably need to detox.
Your body will need help to rid itself of toxins. It’s best to do some type of cleanse on a regular basis, as for example once or twice per month. This way you end up taking an offensive approach to health, instead of waiting for illness.
I hope you enjoy taking advantage of this relaxing way to cleanse your body.
This article (Cleanse the Body Through Your Feet with This Foot Detox Soak) is copyrighted by Awareness Junkie, 2017. Furthermore, you may not copy, reproduce, publish or distribute any content therein without written permission. You may contact us here.
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Moreover, views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of Awareness Junkie or its staff.