Nobody likes to be eaten alive by mosquitoes. They are a huge nuisance and can also transmit some pretty scary diseases. So, how do you avoid DEET and still stay bug-bite free this summer? A new study has come out proving that the peels from several citrus fruits can actually help deter these pesky insects. Below is a recipe for DIY mosquito repellent mason jars. They are very easy to make and only require citrus peels, essential oils, and fresh rosemary.
DIY Mosquito Repellent Recipe
Here is what you need:
- 2 mason jars
- 10 drops of lemon eucalyptus essential oil
- 10 drops of citronella essential oil
- One lemon, sliced
- One lime, sliced
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- Floating disc candles
How to put them together:
- Divide the lemon and lime slices evenly between the two jars.
- Add two sprigs of rosemary into each jar.
- Fill each jar three quarters full with water.
- Add 10 drops of the essential oils to a specific jar (don’t mix them).
- Drop in the floating candle and light it.
Enjoy these pleasant smelling mason jars in your backyard, on your camping trips, or in any other location where you may encounter an abundance of mosquitoes.
This article (DIY Mosquito Repellent Mason Jars) is copyrighted by Awareness Junkie, 2017. Furthermore, you may not copy, reproduce, publish or distribute any content therein without written permission. You may contact us here.