Acupressure treatment is an alternative modality for healing the body and addressing pain. When one stimulates acupressure points, especially on the feet and hands, it benefits the body in many ways. Here are some examples:
- Promotes faster healing due to increased relaxation of the muscles and better blood circulation.
- Reduces mild to moderate pain through clearing of energy blockages.
- Alleviates frequent headaches or migraines by increasing blood circulation.
- Improves muscle tone, thus making the skin appear more youthful.
- Helps calm the mind and reduce stress, by releasing tension from the body and clearing energetic congestion.
Guide to Acupressure Points
Acupressure massage of the hands and feet is very popular because many acupressure points are located on these appendages. The points located on different areas of the hands and feet correspond to the different parts throughout the entire body. For example, you can treat back pain by massaging the top center of the foot near the toes.
If you would like to give yourself an acupressure massage, below are some images that may help guide you. Often, when you find a point on the foot or hand that is tender to the touch, you may have some chi congestion in the corresponding part of the body.
This article (Guide to Acupressure Points on Feet and Hands) is copyrighted by Awareness Junkie, 2018. You may not copy, reproduce or publish any content therein without written permission. Feel free to share this article on social networks and via email. If you have questions, please contact us here.
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Moreover, views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of Awareness Junkie or its staff.