Himalayan salts can help a myriad of respiratory aliments, including asthma, allergies, bronchitis, and pneumonia. Using Himalayan sea salt inhalers is considered a natural, inexpensive alternative treatment for these conditions with no side effects.
Himalayan sea salt has been used for centuries to treat illness. This particular salt is effective because it has 84 natural elements and minerals that are also found inside the human body. Furthermore, because of its tiny ionic state, these minerals are easily absorbed by the body via a variety of ways.
One effective method is to use a salt inhaler. These products are readily available at your local health food market and online. However, if you decide to try an inhaler, it is critical that you follow directions outlined by the manufacturer. This will ensure your maximum benefit.
General Guidelines for Himalayan Sea Salt Inhalers
- Follow the set-up instructions on product package.
- Place the inhaler inside your mouth.
- Breathe in through the mouth, out through the nose.
- Take long steady breaths.
- Do not add water to the inhaler. Rather, the moisture in the air is sufficient.
- One person per inhaler.
- Always follow the cleaning guidelines.
- Use regularly for gradual, results that occur over time. Hence, immediate results are rare.
Never use a plastic inhaler. Instead, ceramic is a much safer option.
Often, our nasal passageways become inflamed due to environmental pollutants. Salt inhalers work to reduce this inflammation. Then, ions from the salt can travel more easily to the lungs. Finally, the lungs absorb the salt, reducing inflammation of the entire respiratory system.
Beyond its anti-inflammatory effects, Himalayan sea salt is also anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. So, you can imagine all the healing benefits!
Other Himalayan Sea Salt Therapies
- Ingestion through diet
- Bathing salts
- Salt lamps
- Salt mines, rooms, or spas. Eastern Europe has utilized salt mines as ionic therapy for centuries. These salt “spas” are now emerging in cities across the United States.
This article (Himalayan Sea Salt Inhalers: Natural Remedy for Respiratory Conditions) is copyrighted by Awareness Junkie, 2017. You may not copy, reproduce, publish or distribute any content therein without written permission. You may contact us here.
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Moreover, views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of Awareness Junkie or its staff.