Many of us are concerned about all of the chemicals in sunscreen, as well as other skin products. Additionally, new research has revealed that these chemicals may be linked to skin cancer. There is a way to avoid chemical sunscreen and still enjoy hours in the sun. Make your own all-natural homemade sunscreen using the simple recipe below.
This is an easy recipe that I’ve used for years. I have found this natural homemade sunscreen is just as effective as store bought conventional brands. It is made of only natural ingredients and is very easy to apply. The main ingredient is carrot seed oil, which I also like to use directly on my face. Carrot seed oil has natural SPF of 38-40!
Homemade Sunscreen Recipe
- 1/2 cup Grape Seed Oil
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Natural Beeswax
- 2 TBSP Shea Butter
- 15 drops of Carrot Seed Essential Oil
- Boil a pot of water.
- In a separate bowl combine all of the ingredients (1/2 cup Grape Seed Oil, 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, 1/4 cup Natural Beeswax, 2 TBSP Shea Butter and 15 drops of Carrot Seed Essential Oil)
- Once the water in the pot is boiling, remove it from the heat, and gently put the bowl with the ingredients in the boiled water.
- Additionally, try to avoid any water getting into the bowl with the ingredients.
- Let all of the ingredients melt together, and then allow to cool.
- Once cooled transfer to a container.
- Apply to skin 30 minutes before going out in the sun. Reapply every 2-3 hours.
* You can also use a double broiler.
Recipe source: http://blog.pureformulas.com/
Awareness Junkie created and published this article (All-Natural Homemade Sunscreen with Only 5 Ingredients) under a Creative Commons license with attribution to Anna Hunt and AwarenessJunkie.com. You may re-post freely with proper attribution, author bio, and this copyright statement.
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Moreover, views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of Awareness Junkie or its staff.